Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Review - such a mess in my head

I did all the extra exercises from the Language Leader CD :) concerning Communication (unit1), Environment (unit2), Sport (unit3)....it was not so bad. Is still obvious that I’m not an expert n grammar, but since I arrived in London, I have been doing some progress...Is my last sentence using the right tenses? I have no idea. But I really try to understand when we use one of the tense aspects and why. I have been studying English for two years at school, when I was 14years old, and after that I hadn't touched grammar again. I'm doing it now and it's not so easy like I expected to be. Yesterday I barrowed 2 grammar books from the library...so, I’ll be a tolerant person and I’ll try to understand it (despite my belief that it is not the most important thing - but I'm agree it can be useful). I don't see it like an impediment, my self-studying can solve the problems, but unfortunately, it will not help me much for tomorrow Alex's test. I need time.

It’s strange. I have been watching American films since I was a little girl and I’m a good listener. I’m reading every day the Metro newspaper, because I’m spending two hours per day in the underground and I don’t have anything better to do….of course there are words that I never met before, but I can understand the meaning of the article. I enjoy reading and writing, much more than studying grammar. I’m such a rambler…I started to write all the nonsense in my blog, just because I don’t want to get back to my language leader coursebook (“try think before write, Ramona. You’re changing the style of your writing and not in good way”). I’m going mad, so I should better go to sleep. Bye everyone!
…can someone “help” me tomorrow? I was joking. But maybe someone can correct my text and send me a comment.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Confusion can sometimes be a good thing. It shows that things are being 'moved around' in your head, which allows for new spaces to be created and hopefully, new things to be learnt.